Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Super Salad



I will admit it...I am NOT a salad as a meal girl :/
 
I try, I try hard, to love the idea of salads as a complete but in the end, no matter if i absolutely LOVE the salad i'm still hungry. I know this is completely a psychological thing...
 
However, every once in a while a salad comes along and something clicks. yum.... yum...yum....
I'm full, well not my dessert stomach, that's always hungry ;)
 
Super Salad
1-2 cups fresh lettuce (i used romaine and spinach, use whatever fresh washed lettuce you have)
1/4 cup organic pea shoots
2 table spoons chopped raw walnuts
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons sliced shallot
1-2 tablespoons crumbled blue or gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup sliced green apples
1-2 tablespoons olives
1 poached egg (pictured below)
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
 
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Juice of 1 juice lemon (when you pick it up, it should feel heavy for its size)
2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried or 2 tablespoons fresh herbs - I used a mix of thyme, rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix all ingredients except olive oil, slowly add in oil while stirring to blend.
 
This salad is super...feel satisfied, no need to eat a second dinner kind of satisfied. Trust me, i'm not a salad girl afterall.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment